Friday 20 July 2012

How to set up your Sky remote

Ok so I thought I would treat myself to a new TV

Only problem I had was wondering how to set my Sky TV remote to control my new TV. I found out how to and thought I would share the steps with you in case anyone else would like to do the same thing.


First thing you have to do is find the code for your TV and you can do this on Sky:
  1. Press Interactive on your Sky remote and select Sky Active.
  2. Select Help & Support.
  3. Select Program your Remote.
  4. You will see a message saying "This service will walk you through how to set up your Sky Remote".
  5. You can now scroll through the list and select your TV manufacturer and model.
  6. Once selected, your 4 digit code will be displayed which you need to make a note of.

Now you have your code follow these next steps: 
  1. Put your hand over the end of your Sky remote and press TV.
  2. Take your hand off the end of the remote and hold down Select and the Red button together until the light on your remote blinks twice.
  3. Enter the 4 digit code you wrote down earlier and press Select.
  4. Cover the end of your Sky remote again and press Sky.

To see if this has worked press up or down on the volume to test the remote.

I hope this has helped and you can now have 1 less remote on the arm of your chair!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @telepicks